Monday 24 October 2011

Let's cook!

Lately I've been pretty bored with the meals I've been cooking. The kids like what they like and don't really like to experiment with different flavors, ie. VEGGIES! Yes, it is my fault for not exposing them to a variety of foods but when I do try something different, I get a lot of "ews" and "what does it taste like" etc., they don't even want to try the food and then I get stuck with trying to shovel down leftovers (which is not exactly great for my expanding waistline) or throwing food out (which I totally feel guilty about).

Well, I've decided that things are going to have to change around here. Watching cooking on tv or flipping through recipe books, we are really missing out on a lot of food. I have this huge recipe book with 365 main courses and I see tons of stuff I would like to eat. I've also been checking out some cooking websites and blogs, bookmarking what looks yummy but also easy to make.
Last night, I made quiche.


I quite enjoyed it! Though I think it could have used a bit more salt, it was overall pretty good. The girls liked it, but the boys didn't touch it. 2 out of 4 isn't too bad. Oh well, will keep trying.

*kids notes*:
Deon's favourite phrases at the moment :"Me sitty on you lap", "lemme be play DS", "where's Dizzy (Dare)?" -loving how he totally looks up to his big brother.
Ling lost a contact lens and it hasn't even been a week since she got them! It fell out and she didn't know it. UGH!
Jazzy simply likes candy and hanging out with me.
Dare is growing taller everyday and enjoys checking his height against mine. Yes, I think I will be the SHORTEST in the family!

No comments:

Post a Comment