Saturday 4 August 2012

mini transformation

I have had this artwork above my bed for quite some time. The frames were originally black but I decided to spray paint them white to brighten things up. However, I was still not really satisfied. The images are lovely but I found them a bit on the gloomy side. Instead of replacing them completely, I decided to use my scrapbooking skills and do collages. I used a couple of prints from last year's Embracing the Day calendar, Crate paper - Random paper pad, mod podge and a Tim Hortons card (for smoothing the glued papers down).

 After choosing my papers and figuring out my layout, this is what I came up with:

I am pretty pleased with the results. Feels so much brighter and happier in my room...except for that pile of unfolded laundry on my bed.




No comments:

Post a Comment