Friday 3 August 2012

feeling lazy

Despite the long 'to do' list floating through my head, I am just feeling lazy today. I think it's the heat. It's difficult to do anything when it's too hot. I often wonder how people whose jobs require being outside for extended periods of time (and in full uniform) do it. I've done a few chores already including mowing the lawn. This took a whopping 10 minutes because we have a battery operated lawnmower. Fully charged batteries barely last long enough to mow a small portion of our lawn which is pretty large.We also have a sit-down mower, which I used yesterday  however it's battery died while i was mowing the farthest portion of our lawn. Oh gosh, what an ordeal. Hubby had to drive the truck through the backyard to boost the battery of the mower. And I was running on 2 hours of sleep (had just done a night shift). These kinds of things like to happen to me. Anyway, before the day is through, I hope to at least accomplish something crafty. Borrowed a few craft books from the library and have been itching to try out some of the projects. Martha Stewart's Encyclopedia of Crafts is amazing!  I love The Liberty Book of Home Sewing which is oh so pretty. And Crafting a Meaningful Home is a good read. These are just a few of the books I've borrowed from our local library which surprisingly has a great selection. Well I suppose I should get a move on now. It's already past 3pm. Time to create!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment